The bamboo plant is one of the most interesting plants on our planet. Here are some facts you should know.
1. Bamboo replenishes itself faster than most plants. After a bamboo cane is cut, full growth is achieved in six months as it grows up to 12 inches a day. It needs only sun and rain to grow and will fully mature in 3 to 5 years.
2. There are over 1,000 species of bamboo. Bamboo can found be found in a variety of locations across the globe.
3. Bamboo trees release 35 percent more oxygen than other types of trees.
4. Bamboo products dry quickly and have a natural antibacterial element that resists odor and mildew. It’s a perfect choice for people who suffer with skin conditions.
5. Bamboo rayon is the type of fiber used in some towels and bathrobes. To achieve the result, the bamboo is manufactured chemically. The mixture of bamboo rayon and Egyptian cotton is popular for soft, high quality towels and bathrobes. Bamboo rayon is actually softer and more durable than rayon and cotton.